Female looking cream legbar with yellow dot

kaywould

Songster
5 Years
Nov 17, 2014
South Carolina
99% sure this is a female but the very distinct yellow dot on top is giving me pause before putting her up for sale.
Especially since people that buy cream legbar, buy them for the assurance of getting the gender they want (and the blue eggs of course).
697641E7-1222-443D-BE8F-4354897BB615.jpeg

B3CA7A28-AF68-475E-BAEA-D3C0AFB99D42.jpeg

5B018CA1-72DA-4F54-BF76-12B6B41BCDC8.jpeg

Its a cockerel.

Below is a group of four CLB chicks. Goeing Left to right is a pullet, cockerel, pullet, cockerel. The backs are not shown well but the pullets all should have distict white stripes on the outside of the thich dark stripe in the middle of the back. The pullets also have a distinct V on top of the heard with the pint going forward. The pullets also should have a distinct black stripe from the corner of the eyes. As you can see some cockerels are quite dark (dominant down type) and others are quite light (recessive down type).

View attachment 1297276

Here are two more cockerels to show the variation in down colors that are possible. You also can see that they do not have the really defined white stripes nor bark black stripe from the corner of the eyes. View attachment 1297291 View attachment 1297284
Finally here is a pullet to show you what the dark stripe from the corner of the eye looks like (is is the one on the far left in the first photo).View attachment 1297294

Last edited:
Its a cockerel.

Below is a group of four CLB chicks. Goeing Left to right is a pullet, cockerel, pullet, cockerel. The backs are not shown well but the pullets all should have distict white stripes on the outside of the thich dark stripe in the middle of the back. The pullets also have a distinct V on top of the heard with the pint going forward. The pullets also should have a distinct black stripe from the corner of the eyes. As you can see some cockerels are quite dark (dominant down type) and others are quite light (recessive down type).

View attachment 1297276

Here are two more cockerels to show the variation in down colors that are possible. You also can see that they do not have the really defined white stripes nor bark black stripe from the corner of the eyes. View attachment 1297291 View attachment 1297284
Finally here is a pullet to show you what the dark stripe from the corner of the eye looks like (is is the one on the far left in the first photo).View attachment 1297294

Attachments didn’t work but description was perfect.
Thanks

Ya...I was disappointing with the attachments. They were all images I had posted on BYC before and they came up in my resents list when I clicked on images. I guess they weren't recent enough (I only posted them 5 years ago) and have been archived. I may have to search for them in my files and re-upload to edit the post.

Back
Top Bottom