Fence height for Peacocks pen

Jemzz00

Hatching
Aug 18, 2023
Hey all.

Want to find out if anybody has had success with housing a pair of peacocks with tall fencing. If so how high was your fence? Did you clip their wings in addition. How high was the peacock able to successfully jump with wings clipped?

I'm wanting to retry owning some Peacock however require them to stay within a fairly large sized grazing area without flying or jumping out. Unfortunately our property is rampant with foxes and like my previous trio will end up slaughtered. The area I have available would be too large to top with avairy Netting ideally taller fences would be a better solution however I would need to gauge what appropriate height it should be made at?

I've seen something like this

https://www.dogproofer.com/products/freestanding-diy-dog-fence-kit

Hey all.

Want to find out if anybody has had success with housing a pair of peacocks with tall fencing. If so how high was your fence? Did you clip their wings in addition. How high was the peacock able to successfully jump with wings clipped?

I'm wanting to retry owning some Peacock however require them to stay within a fairly large sized grazing area without flying or jumping out. Unfortunately our property is rampant with foxes and like my previous trio will end up slaughtered. The area I have available would be too large to top with avairy Netting ideally taller fences would be a better solution however I would need to gauge what appropriate height it should be made at?

I've seen something like this

https://www.dogproofer.com/products/freestanding-diy-dog-fence-kit
No two ways about it the pen will have to be fully covered. Clipping wings doesn't help anything. You'd need a fence high enough to keep deer in to keep peas in and that's a huge waste of resources and effort.

No two ways about it the pen will have to be fully covered. Clipping wings doesn't help anything. You'd need a fence high enough to keep deer in to keep peas in and that's a huge waste of resources and effort.
Thanks for your insight. Funny enough we also have a deer farm with a fence of around 7feet.. but I just assumed that would be easily jump over that also.

Back
Top Bottom