Feral Cats

BroodyCluck

Songster
6 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Cleveland, Texas
I'm wondering if there are others who look after feral cats and also if there are some people who find them as predators. For years I believed they were predators and back then I bred birds such as budgies and cocktails and some others. A number of times I trapped feral cats and brought them to the animal shelter to be put down because it's a sad life to find half eaten cats strolled about and dead kittens dead insides eaten out and other bad things. You always knew they were hungry. I'd see a mother and her kittens then she may have 1 left then that one would be gone. These cats were in misery.
My county about 5 years ago has began a program that will spay and neuter trapped cats for no change.
A person may choose to go through a volunteer who works their area and there are vets that they can get an appointment with and deliver the cat there and come back to pick it up and take care of it till it heals, then release it. The cat will return to its normal life but will be so much better off. I've done that many times TNTC. But if a person just carries the trapped cats to the animal shelter they will accept the cats and give you back the trap. They turn the cats over to vets that spay and neuter and I didn't mention they give the cats shots rabies being I I don't know what else. Then in a few days or so, they gather up the cats drive to the area and simply release the cats.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if there are others who look after feral cats and also if there are some people who find them as predators. For years I believed they were predators and back then I bred birds such as budgies and cocktails and some others. A number of times I trapped feral cats and brought them to the animal shelter to be put down because it's a sad life to find half eaten cats strolled about and dead kittens dead insides eaten out and other bad things. You always knew they were hungry. I'd see a mother and her kittens then she may have 1 left then that one would be gone. These cats were in misery.
My county about 5 years ago has began a program that will spay and neuter trapped cats for no change.
A person may choose to go through a volunteer who works their area and there are vets that they can get an appointment with and deliver the cat there and come back to pick it up and take care of it till it heals, then release it. The cat will return to its normal life but will be so much better off. I've done that many times TNTC. But if a person just carries the trapped cats to the animal shelter they will accept the cats and give you back the trap. They turn the cats over to vets that spay and neuter and I didn't mention they give the cats shots rabies being I I don't know what else. Then in a few days or so, they gather up the cats drive to the area and simply release the cats.
Well I got the story some how cut off. Long story short I now have 2 ferile cats I trapped and turned in. They actually do all they can to protect my chickens. And they go into panic mode when it's babies. They are not petting kitties or lap kitties but I do pet their heads once in a while.

I have one feral cat that I am caring for and 6 cats of my own. I haven’t ever had a problem with them wanting to eat my flock. Once though my cat must’ve thought that my call duck was a bird and decided to chase it when it landed but once he realized it was a duck he wandered away. They don’t seem to want to bother them even the day olds. I also care for some feral and dumped cats at the farm. It just breaks my heart to see them in distress or injured. :( I have one little kitten that I found abandoned at 3 weeks old and had to bottle feed he has a grade five heart murmur and had a rectal prolapse as a kitten. The vet said he wouldn’t live even one night but he’s 9 months now and doing great! He likes to chase the rabbits but Isn’t interested in the flock.:)

We had a problem last year. Cazy lady was feeding a large group of stray cats and she passed away. The cats went around the neighborhood causing all kinds of issues. No local programs so we had to take matters in our own hands.

I do have 2 siamese mixed cats, well my son is supposed to have. They live in the house and are fixed. Honestly I don't care for cats.

Back
Top Bottom