Feral Chickens Question.

Col1948

Songster
Sep 9, 2018
Manchester UK
I was watching a video clip on YouTube about the feral chickens in Hawaii, notices all over saying not to feed them.
They were everywhere, running about in the streets and hanging about cafes for any food etc, some had chicks with them as well.
If it is that bad why don't they do a major cull, why let it get so bad, are they a religious thing or something?

Just like the feral pigs that have taken over Hawaii, it's near impossible to eradicate an invasive species. The hope is usually just keep the numbers manageable.

The everglades are being taken over by boa constrictor, Australia has the cane toad. I could go on and on. Humans have made problems all over the world trying to control stuff.

OP have heard the phrase it's like herding cats? other than feeding time usually cats go where ever they please when they please. The chickens would likely run away from you and not be able to be caught. No chicken worshipers there I don't believe. but I am sure if someone could get a live trap and feed the birds and then set a live trap there and get the chickens to enter it and then start butchering as fast as you catch them you might get a freezer full of dumb stewing chickens.... (the chickens would be stupid just to clarify)....

OP have heard the phrase it's like herding cats? other than feeding time usually cats go where ever they please when they please. The chickens would likely run away from you and not be able to be caught. No chicken worshipers there I don't believe. but I am sure if someone could get a live trap and feed the birds and then set a live trap there and get the chickens to enter it and then start butchering as fast as you catch them you might get a freezer full of dumb stewing chickens.... (the chickens would be stupid just to clarify)....
Feral chickens are too smart for that!
You gotta try harder than that.
:lol::lau:gig

There is a clip on YT where some lads went out to see what the chickens would eat, which as you all know is practically anything.
Its a silly post because the lads doing it in my eyes are morons but it highlighted the amount of chickens roaming about.

Back
Top Bottom