Fermented Feed problems with hatching eggs?

kuchchicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2015
I just started reading recently about FF. On one site I found it talked about FF benefits including increasing yolk size and thickness/durability of the shell. I hatch out my own eggs quite regularly and am wondering if this will cause any issues with hatching? If the yolk is bigger what effect will that have on development or length of incubation - will it take longer for the yolk sac to absorb? Or will the chicks be larger? As for the increased thickness of the shell, will it make for a difficult hatch? Right now my average hatch rate is 90%... don't want to mess that up but really like the idea of FF. Anyone?

I just set up my FF today. I am going to start feeding it to my flock along with some regular feed until they get use to it. I will be doing my next hatch starting Sept 1 so I am hoping that I will not have a problem. Anyone?

I'm not an expert here but I do use FF. I don't think it will negatively effect any eggs you are hatching. It would make the eggs better nutritionally and probably make the embryos healthier and stronger. Some don't even believe in the value of FF, I personally do. But I wouldn't worry as far as hatching. Does an organic egg hatch any different then a non organic egg...I'm thinking along those lines.

Agree with everything you said. Thanks for replying...I just wanted a second opinion to make sure my line of thought was not off.

Back
Top Bottom