fermented feed

EggHead107

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2016
hi everyone one i know that there are a lot of threads about fermented feed, but every batch i have made starts to smell like vomit. i am storing it in a cooler and i keep adding food to it but i do not know what is going on. i need help because i am wasting a lot of food. thank you!! help is greatly appreciated.

First, it is really hard to tell from your description what you have going on. The question is, have you ever done and smelled anything while it is fermenting? It has a specific sour smell. What other signs are you seeing? Bubbling, yeast on top, etc? You say you store in a cooler, but is it in a container, is there ventilation, is the lid tight, etc.

Personally, I have chosen to do a small batch separately for each day. I know many do one batch, just taking out and adding to daily, but this is what works for me. Then, if I lose a batch, it's very little food.

yes it bubbles and it smells slightly sour during the fermentation. i see white stuff on the top but little black speckles on the bottom. i have it stored in a sealed cooler with whole drilled on the top so that it can breath.

Back
Top Bottom