FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Beekissed, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Beekissed

Beekissed Free Ranging

Love you too, Sis!!! How are your chickens, BTW? Doing fine I hope!

I'm not the best..the good Lord is the best! I just tell others about what He shows me! [​IMG] Oh, these poor roosters I got, Love...another Gnarly Bunch rescue mission. I'm glad I went there, though it distresses me to know the other chickens still remain. I did call the lady and tell her about the lice and scale mites the birds had..she seemed shocked and asked what to do about them. She's had chickens for 5 years... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. LOVEIGEE

LOVEIGEE Songster

Jul 24, 2010
    AMEN!! I remember the gnarly bunch and how you brought them back to health......the best topic ever!!!!! That's when the Lord showed me your heart......my chickies are okay.......loving this cooler weather.......I love you BF

1 person likes this.
  3. mandaleigh1981

mandaleigh1981 Songster

Aug 29, 2013
    Pleasanton, TX
    They are Jersey Giants. And yep, FF day one. Just chick starter crumbles, well fermented. They love it, and they drink less water this way too. In the Texas heat I don't have to worry as much about them getting dehydrated.

4. Beekissed

Beekissed Free Ranging

Oh, I love the cooler weather too! Fall is MY time, I tell ya! I still think you should take a road trip up north and visit this fall. [​IMG] Have some biddy time with the Ol' Bat and I and meet my family, destress and get some rest here in the backwoods.

5. RoseMarie1

RoseMarie1 Songster

Mar 31, 2013
    Hattiesburg,Ms.
    My Coop
    oh wow can I come to? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. mandaleigh1981

mandaleigh1981 Songster

Aug 29, 2013
    Pleasanton, TX
    Me too? It never cools off enough down here! And it would be so fun to talk with people who love chickens as much as I do. [​IMG] We should have a convoy! [​IMG]

7. mandaleigh1981

mandaleigh1981 Songster

Aug 29, 2013
    Pleasanton, TX
    [​IMG]

For all those asking if the chickens like FF, here are mine getting at the food dish. There were two others out but most of em were too busy squabbling over the first pan to notice.

8. LOVEIGEE

LOVEIGEE Songster

Jul 24, 2010
    In fact talking to DH today.......would love to hug your neck after such a long time!

9. ak rain

ak rain Chirping

Apr 15, 2013
    Hey my layers are 16 weeks. 2 each of wynnadottes, Easter egger, barred rock, and buff Orpington. When should I expect eggs?

All enjoying ff
    Ak rain

10. ak rain

ak rain Chirping

Apr 15, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Thought I'd add a picture of dinner time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: