FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Pics
Well Ladies;

I shall leave the thread and leave it to you experts.

Thank you so much for your kind reflections and helpful advice.

Caroline

Oh Caroline please don't do that. If you'll read back some pages, we're always goofing off on here. I sure wasn't making fun of you because I am also new at this and still trying to learn. Come back and learn with me because this IS the best place to learn. I'm sure no expert.
big_smile.png

You just got some wrong advise from some where on what to add to the ff.
hugs.gif
Please don't leave!
frow.gif

opps I was wrong I think.....
wink.png
all the goofing off was on THIS thread below on the meat bird ff.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644300/fermenting-feed-for-meat-birds/8680

Last edited:
No worries, Rosemarie...some folks will insist on being offended no matter what is said and done. That's just the way it goes here, I have learned. You can teach them patiently for days upon days, months upon months and even into years, repeating the same information a thousand times because they simply refuse to work for their information by reading like the rest of us have to do....then they get offended if one day you just don't feel like being as patient as usual.

Their loss and I'm done babying full adults around....I'm patient as can be for a long time but even I have a breaking point. It is usually when people don't want to take a few minutes to actually read the already written instructions~and written a hundred times by now~and get huffy when someone is not dressing up the "help" in a frilly package for them.

Apologies were offered...that's all that can be done.

For the record, we weren't having fun at her expense...only the expense of the source of this adding molasses to fermented feeds. I don't know if that is much better but apologies have been given and not accepted. I'll leave it at that. We are no more perfect than anyone else out there and are, yes, sometimes childish. Who isn't?

I am childish, and I love to laugh. The alrernative is quite depressing, I can assure you. I would say that not accepting a heartfelt apology is WAY more childish than a person that is just goofing around. If people are going to take things personally then maybe its for the best. I think people are becoming too thin skinned. I laugh at myself way more than I laugh at others. Mainly because the person I eyeball in the mirror every morning gets me into way more trouble than anyone else could.

Yep. There is no one who laughs at and makes fun of me more than...me. Nothing gives me more amusement than when I am being an idiot...and that is often, so I'm quite joyful all the time. If one cannot laugh at themselves they will be more sensitive when others laugh at them. I just cut to the chase and laugh at me FOR them so they won't have to do so. It makes for a fun life because either way, you are laughing.
big_smile.png

No worries, Rosemarie...some folks will insist on being offended no matter what is said and done. That's just the way it goes here, I have learned. You can teach them patiently for days upon days, months upon months and even into years, repeating the same information a thousand times because they simply refuse to work for their information by reading like the rest of us have to do....then they get offended if one day you just don't feel like being as patient as usual.

Their loss and I'm done babying full adults around....I'm patient as can be for a long time but even I have a breaking point. It is usually when people don't want to take a few minutes to actually read the already written instructions~and written a hundred times by now~and get huffy when someone is not dressing up the "help" in a frilly package for them.

Apologies were offered...that's all that can be done.

Yes Rosemarie! I can tell you are kindhearted, probably the most kindhearted on this board, and I love you for it. Just as sweet as can be, where I am not. I grew up way too rough for that. If people cannot accept an apology then its best they leave.
The babying thing irritates me too Bee. I am trying to raise 4 children in a world where everyone is taught that their feelings are the only ones that matter, that everyone wins, and everyone is right. It is hard, and it angers me. Everyone shouldn't get a trophy. People are going to get made fun of and picked on. My son came home a couple days ago and said some girl said he wears his socks weird (he's 11, so they are at that age). I told him the next time someone says something like that to you, tell them, hey, this is me. If you don't like me the way I am, then you are not worth my time or effort in the first place. That's how I solve that. Not by crying to the administrators that some kid picked on my kid.
The instructions are clear as day. I read the first 10 pages or so of posts before EVER posting on here. I had my idea of what I was going to do from reading the posts (and what I know of making sauerkraut). If people would read the info already offered, then there wouldn't be the same questions asked multiple times. It gets OLD.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Yep. There is no one who laughs at and makes fun of me more than...me. Nothing gives me more amusement than when I am being an idiot...and that is often, so I'm quite joyful all the time. If one cannot laugh at themselves they will be more sensitive when others laugh at them. I just cut to the chase and laugh at me FOR them so they won't have to do so. It makes for a fun life because either way, you are laughing.
big_smile.png

goodpost.gif

Well, I am home today with two sick kiddos. (Oh the joys of back to school each fall...) Anyways, I took a few minutes to go outside and check out the flock. It has FINALLY cooled off here in Texas and we are sitting in the 60s right now, and all of the birds have decided that my back porch is the cool kid hangout spot. What a mess!
barnie.gif

But even under the cover of my porch, and on this cloudy morning, and in full molt, my birds are shining! (I knew that they were, but today is the first time I've had in a while to sit there and just look at them for more than 3 minutes.) They look better than I had even realized. I still owe it all to the FF!

Now, if I could just convince one or two of them to lay me some eggs. I'm not asking for a lot. I don't need them every day. I don't need all of them to lay. But I currently have 28 birds at or past POL and I have not had a single blasted egg in 3 weeks. Come on, girls! Mama just needs one egg every now and then - just for fun!!!

Well, I am home today with two sick kiddos. (Oh the joys of back to school each fall...) Anyways, I took a few minutes to go outside and check out the flock. It has FINALLY cooled off here in Texas and we are sitting in the 60s right now, and all of the birds have decided that my back porch is the cool kid hangout spot. What a mess!
barnie.gif

But even under the cover of my porch, and on this cloudy morning, and in full molt, my birds are shining! (I knew that they were, but today is the first time I've had in a while to sit there and just look at them for more than 3 minutes.) They look better than I had even realized. I still owe it all to the FF!

Now, if I could just convince one or two of them to lay me some eggs. I'm not asking for a lot. I don't need them every day. I don't need all of them to lay. But I currently have 28 birds at or past POL and I have not had a single blasted egg in 3 weeks. Come on, girls! Mama just needs one egg every now and then - just for fun!!!

I wonder what their problem is? Mine still haven't molted, though that temp drop dropped the egg count from one for every girl (21) to about 16. It was back up to 19 yesterday. I don't even know what the molting looks like except for pics.

Ugh, the sick kid thing! My sister in law ALWAYS sends her sick kiddos with my MIL, saying its "allergies". Then my kids visit and come home with those same "allergies", and give it to me and DH. That happened about three weeks ago, and really got me angry. This happens once or twice a year. If your kids seem sick, keep em home. Don't infect everyone else!

I wonder what their problem is? Mine still haven't molted, though that temp drop dropped the egg count from one for every girl (21) to about 16. It was back up to 19 yesterday. I don't even know what the molting looks like except for pics.

Ugh, the sick kid thing! My sister in law ALWAYS sends her sick kiddos with my MIL, saying its "allergies". Then my kids visit and come home with those same "allergies", and give it to me and DH. That happened about three weeks ago, and really got me angry. This happens once or twice a year. If your kids seem sick, keep em home. Don't infect everyone else!

I don't know what their deal is, but it's driving me NUTS. Seriously, my DH thinks we have "defective" birds. But they sure are pretty!!!

And hey - not that I enjoy my kids being sick - but it gives me a legit excuse to stay home from work for the day, so
thumbsup.gif

I don't know what their deal is, but it's driving me NUTS. Seriously, my DH thinks we have "defective" birds. But they sure are pretty!!!

And hey - not that I enjoy my kids being sick - but it gives me a legit excuse to stay home from work for the day, so
thumbsup.gif

Yep! Though caring for sick kiddos isn't exactly easy!

Back
Top Bottom