FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

I thought so, but couldn't find the specific ones, lol. This "cull your whole flock" stuff is getting people freaked out. *sigh*

It sickens me that hatcheries are letting this happen. In Denmark there us a zero tolerance attitude toward salmonella in poultry ... and it's working. Here people pretend $ us more important.

Though I have to admit my flock has never been tested for salmonella, either. In the US we are more focused in rules & regulations than tests.

It sickens me that hatcheries are letting this happen. In Denmark there us a zero tolerance attitude toward salmonella in poultry ... and it's working. Here people pretend $ us more important.

Though I have to admit my flock has never been tested for salmonella, either. In the US we are more focused in rules & regulations than tests.

So, so true.... :/

I thought so, but couldn't find the specific ones, lol. This "cull your whole flock" stuff is getting people freaked out. *sigh*

I just switched out computers and lost all my data links that I had been storing for the past 3 yrs but I know the links are still on these two large threads somewhere......and yes, it was shown in the studies that broiler birds were showing less salmonella, e.coli, eimeria and coccidiosis overgrowth when fed the FF. I'll have to hunt down those links so you can put them on your blog site, but right now I don't have the time.

Here's one but I had found a few more that had more detail and were done specifically for that reason.... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19373724

Last edited:
mine love the stuff and the little chicks I just hatched out this week are eating it like there is no tomorrow. LOL never had any to eat like these are eating. Quite humorous. I even added some fresh garlic chopped up fine to mine with this batch of chicks and the last batch to get them going strong and get their guts right to keep from having pasty butt and it's working so far.

Ok sorry to bust this conversation but I need a quick reply. lol. I posted this in another thread so sorry for double post........ I'm out of chick starter..... My LFS sales WARE MILLET 23% starter..... Anyone heard of it? Used it? Liked it? It's non medicated but I'll be fermenting so it doesn't matter right?

Ok sorry to bust this conversation but I need a quick reply. lol. I posted this in another thread so sorry for double post........ I'm out of chick starter..... My LFS sales WARE MILLET 23% starter..... Anyone heard of it? Used it? Liked it? It's non medicated but I'll be fermenting so it doesn't matter right?

Never heard of it and it's a bonus that it's non medicated, so I'd go for it, though that protein percentage is pretty high for a chick starter...they are usually at 18%.

you can buy flock raiser that'd what I use.

Never heard of it and it's a bonus that it's non medicated, so I'd go for it, though that protein percentage is pretty high for a chick starter...they are usually at 18%.  

It's actually called Ware Milling... Think out of Texas.... Will the protein % be ok since most of mine are about 13-10 weeks?

It's actually called Ware Milling... Think out of Texas.... Will the protein % be ok since most of mine are about 13-10 weeks?

Shouldn't hurt but watch for excessive weight gain and cut feed accordingly, if you can or want to. If I fed my flock that they'd be waddling within days and panting with every step in the heat of the day.

I just switched out computers and lost all my data links that I had been storing for the past 3 yrs but I know the links are still on these two large threads somewhere......and yes, it was shown in the studies that broiler birds were showing less salmonella, e.coli, eimeria and coccidiosis overgrowth when fed the FF.  I'll have to hunt down those links so you can put them on your blog site, but right now I don't have the time. 

Here's one but I had found a few more that had more detail and were done specifically for that reason....  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19373724

Ohhhhh, I hate that! With my last rebuild, not only did I lose all my music, but I lost ALL my pictures, which were all my kids' pictures, first flock pics, etc. I totally feel your pain!

Thanks for the one link!

Back
Top Bottom