FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Perhaps if some surfacant like Basic H were added to the DE, breaking the surface tension, it may work for internal worming? Though...I've read people use JUST the Basic H for this purpose...haven't tried it, but I am curious about it.
There is a DE website where they sell food grade DE for people to eat. It is supposed to act like chelation in the blood and scape the plaque off within our blood vessels.

Who has been around posting under another name?

I think the lady she's speaking of has her own forum now. No need to come back on here.
big_smile.png

Wow. Tried it (fermenting) over the past few months. Laying hens were not impressed with plain grains mix fermented; capons loved it. Then, roughly two months ago, I took everyone organic. The dry organic layer feed was ignored for *days* - I'm guessing too dusty, as it's got some pretty finely ground stuff and they were previously fed pellets. While they were ignoring the feeder, I had a bucket fermenting....
They fight over it. They meet me at the door & climb over each other to get to me, grab the spoon, etc.
Have a few sultans & silkies in the hallway of the coop, being fed out the remaining pellets - *they* sneak into the bucket if I leave the top off while feeding in one of the henpartments... My guess is - they like it!

Wow. Tried it (fermenting) over the past few months. Laying hens were not impressed with plain grains mix fermented; capons loved it. Then, roughly two months ago, I took everyone organic. The dry organic layer feed was ignored for *days* - I'm guessing too dusty, as it's got some pretty finely ground stuff and they were previously fed pellets. While they were ignoring the feeder, I had a bucket fermenting....
They fight over it. They meet me at the door & climb over each other to get to me, grab the spoon, etc.
Have a few sultans & silkies in the hallway of the coop, being fed out the remaining pellets - *they* sneak into the bucket if I leave the top off while feeding in one of the henpartments... My guess is - they like it!

Woohoo. They all come to it in the end.
lau.gif
I had one fly on my back yesterday trying to get to the bowl.

Back
Top Bottom