Ferral Tom Cat VS. Chickens

My bantys did that when a coopers hawk landed in the pasture ! They looked like a legion out of 300 spartans They formed a wedge and advanced en mass!
pop.gif
When the Coopers blinked it was a full charge forward
lol.png
Raptiors indeed !! Chickens are very fierce
tongue.gif

Ok now I know why he is here the house behind me has to cats that stay outside all of the time and ones in heat thats why he came back looking for love
love.gif

Quote:
I agree rehome him to a nice hole in the center of your run.
We keep two live traps set around our hen house. we catch cats,coons, and the occasional chicken lol. we were relocating and setting them free but since we lost several babies new policy is SSS. no fear of return customers. cats & coons not the girls lol

My cat and chickens are friends. She will walk with them and lay down with them. Too cute. The other day, I was sitting on our glider watching the girls and letting them free-range for a bit. My kitty decided to sit with me. My pet Doms jumped up on the glider for pets also. They immediately started to move her out of the way. She just looked miffed and jumped down. However, I have seen the neighbors cat peering at my girls through the fence. All 25 chickens, pointing her out and giving her the 'stink eye'. They do look like velocaraptors waiting for the kill. Though we have a fairly large feral cat population, I have yet to have an attack. None of the strange kitties seem to be brave enough to take on 25 irritated chickies. So, while I can understand that any animal if hungry enough will attempt a 'kill', I have never had a feral cat do more than dream.......However, if one did attack, I would have to agree with trapping first, SSS last.

Quote:
I so agree
cool.png
I have had 3 rounds of baby bantys this year have not lost one to the three barn cats ! In fact the hens have taught the cats so well " Thou shalt not touch" the cats will not look at the babies !
lol.png

There are 2 types of cats, house cats, well fed and adapted to home life, and Feral cats, which hunt and kill to survive, they know how to take a chicken and will kill just about any small game in their area, very destructive - odds are, you will never even see the feral cat because to them stealth is everything, just like their bigger cousins.

Back
Top Bottom