Fertile duck eggs!

Taryngoodwin

Chirping
Mar 15, 2024
Hey guys just wondering about care for fertile duck eggs. I’ve got a Kahki pair and I believe her eggs are now fertile. If I were to save eggs to make a dozen to maybe sell as hatchable eggs, how do I store them until I have the full dozen?

Hey guys just wondering about care for fertile duck eggs. I’ve got a Kahki pair and I believe her eggs are now fertile. If I were to save eggs to make a dozen to maybe sell as hatchable eggs, how do I store them until I have the full dozen?
Just store them at room temperature. Don’t wash them

it's best to store eggs for a maximum of ten days, around about 12C/54F, pointy end down

I have really messy ducks she likes to bury her eggs so they always have caked up dirt on them by the time I go to collect how do I clean them off without washing them?
You should be able to gently wipe off the dirt with a dry paper towel, or a dry toothbrush. Please don’t use the toothbrush you use to brush your teeth :)

Just because they are mating does not mean the eggs are fertile. Have you cracked any open? Incubated any? You might want to before you sell any.
As for dirty eggs, can you provide clean shavings or hay or both? I have dish pans filled with both in my coop. My ducks use them and I get mostly clean eggs.

Just because they are mating does not mean the eggs are fertile. Have you cracked any open? Incubated any? You might want to before you sell any.
As for dirty eggs, can you provide clean shavings or hay or both? I have dish pans filled with both in my coop. My ducks use them and I get mostly clean eggs.
I plan on getting an incubator to know for sure but I cracked an egg the other night and am pretty certain it was fertile. I have tried both hay and shavings and both are about the same for them.

Back
Top Bottom