fertile egg or not

thanks everybody i will still try them in the bator and see what i get also nobody told me what it would make a bronze hen with red bourbon tom.anybody had try it before??

I would love to see the mix.
I currently have a Bronze tom penned up with my Naragansett hen.
This is her first spring and waiting for her first egg.
newtom.jpg

DSCF2222-1.jpg

the spot im seeing is way to the left, i think the top pic is easiest to see, i do see the white spot but look to the left, vaguely see that disc. i once cracked an egg open and didnt see anything so i thought it wasnt fertile, i flipped the yolk around with a spoon and then saw the disc, it was on the underside i guess

Quote:
i will post pictures if they hatch on the 22nd of march hopefully they will

They won't hatch on March 22 if you just put them in! Turkeys take 28 days to hatch, lock down on day 24. don't candle before day 10-14 or you will think they are all duds. They develope slower than chickens. If you have chickens then throw in a few chicken eggs 7 days after you put the turkey eggs in so the chicks will show the poults how to eat and drink to save you some work. Good luck.

Here is a link to turkey candling. http://ucanr.org/freepubs/docs/8134.pdf

I candle early. I can start to see changes in the first few days. The yolk will go to one side and you can see a small embryo at 4 to 5 days if your in total darkness and a hand held mag flashlight. That means dark. No TV, computer screen or mirrors. That makes all the difference. The flashlight need to be small enough to fit flush on the egg.

Last edited:
Quote:
i will post pictures if they hatch on the 22nd of march hopefully they will

They won't hatch on March 22 if you just put them in! Turkeys take 28 days to hatch, lock down on day 24. don't candle before day 10-14 or you will think they are all duds. They develope slower than chickens. If you have chickens then throw in a few chicken eggs 7 days after you put the turkey eggs in so the chicks will show the poults how to eat and drink to save you some work. Good luck.

lol...no i know i did put 8 eggs in the incubator on feb 22 they should hatch on march 22 - 28 days later and did put 5 chicken eggs also 6 days after they should all hatch at the same time i hope thanks for all your info..

Back
Top Bottom