fertile eggs gone without heat for five hours

briann107

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2015
new jersey
My broody hen has been brooding on 7 eggs for 2 weeks now and today when i left she was out eating so i put her planket on the eggs (she moves it when she goes back in her box) and i left for five hours to go show my rabbit at the county fair. When i came back for some reason she did not move the blanket and she decided to lay next to them. When i felt them 3 of them were cold. Do you think the chicks have died if they were not heated by her in the five hours. (also i can see the bodies inside of the eggs now because they are about 15 days old.

Please Help!!!
fl.gif

Some may not make it, but I have found that eggs can survive very well. They may go dormant and hatch a few days late, but all and all many of them should survive. Don't give up on them if they don't hatch on day 21.

Best of luck!

Some may not make it, but I have found that eggs can survive very well. They may go dormant and hatch a few days late, but all and all many of them should survive. Don't give up on them if they don't hatch on day 21.

Best of luck!

I checked this morning and it looks like there still growing so hopefully most will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom