Fertile pekin egg question.breeding pair

Crazy4cochins

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
NW MO
ok I have a drake pekin and a female pekin and a black runner drake. the pekin drake is dominant and even mates the blk runner male.ewww anyways I am at 8 duck eggs so far and want to sell them to someone to incubate.
what are the odds the pekin eggs could be a mixed breed. Duck behavior i guess is the question because my chickens all do it with everyone and the ducks seem to be different.
1. will the dominat drake allow the other drake to mate? I have never seen the blk runner male ever mate with the female pekin and have seen the wht male mate them both.

Quote:
I would say there are good odds that some of those eggs will not produce pure Pekin ducklings. The black runner may be faster or sneaker than you or the pekin drake know. only the pekin duck knows for sure and she isn't going to talk:)

I am thinking he isn't going to get a chance he is a poor little crippled runner
sad.png

he can hobble pretty quick though. Those would make cute babies I guess. mr pekin drake must want more ladies because he was chasin my hens this morning!!!!

I would say they will be mixed. With only one female and two drakes you really need to get more girls. The drakes will be happier if you had atleast 5 hens for the two of them.

I do have more ducks, I have 2 pekins 1 I am sure it's a girl she is loud like the other girl I have.I also have 2 I think fawn and white runners. I ned to ask a duck person about the runners beaks coloring. next post
smile.png

Most likely they are going to be mixed a duck will sneak a date any chance he gets and it only takes once to mix things up on you

Back
Top Bottom