fertility in polish

jnkir7

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
jonesboro arkansas
im having fertility problems with my polish roo does hot weather cause this he has been giving me great results untill a month ago but now not any at all is there any thing i can do, or give him do i need to feed him something different than the girls get, janie

CapricornFarm

Goat lover!
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
Hi Janie , You could try rooster booster, or give him some drench. I make my own, use one part molasses, one part corn syrup, one part corn oil. Has he been overly hot? I think that affects fertility. Give him a shallow pan to wade in. You may need to pick him up and stick him in it a few times until he gets the idea. They do seem to overheat easily. Good luck.

Sportsterjeep

Creekside Acres Farm
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
Mill Hall PA
Heat plays into fertility, as well as age. How old is your roo? You will see a drop in fertility as they get older than 3 years. I have a roo in the 5 year range that has only had fertility in the spring, then it fades to zilch. Something else that can be tried is vitamin A&D. It can be injected into the muscle once a week at the rate of 1cc. This I would use only if I really needed the genetics from that particular roo.

Top Bottom