Fertility question

I’m struggling to figure out why this one batch would be terrible.
I once picked up 30 eggs from a breeder near me and only 10 hatched. That was my fault, I drove over some pretty rough country roads with the eggs sitting on the floor of the back seat. They were shaken pretty bad. I'm convinced if they had been up on the seat they would have been fine.

Another possibility is that they were left in a closed car and got too hot and killed some of the embryos.

There are other things that could have happened too. Once you hand those eggs over they are not in your control. I consider it good that you think about what you did but don't beat yourself up over it. It's not always in your control.

Is it possible the rooster just wasn’t as active as normal ?
I'd consider that unlikely.

I once picked up 30 eggs from a breeder near me and only 10 hatched. That was my fault, I drove over some pretty rough country roads with the eggs sitting on the floor of the back seat. They were shaken pretty bad. I'm convinced if they had been up on the seat they would have been fine.

Another possibility is that they were left in a closed car and got too hot and killed some of the embryos.

There are other things that could have happened too. Once you hand those eggs over they are not in your control. I consider it good that you think about what you did but don't beat yourself up over it. It's not always in your control.

I'd consider that unlikely.
Thanks for the encouragement. I’ve been feeling terrible so appreciate your words.

Back
Top Bottom