Fertility question

karint

Songster
May 24, 2019
I currently have 100% fertility on the 11 eggs in my incubator but I sold some eggs a few weeks ago and one lady had 85% fertility and the other lady said the fertility was terrible. My previous batches this year have all been between 85-95. Is there a reason why this one batch of a dozen could be so low. It doesn’t make sense to me as weather was similar. Collection was all 10 days and less. Part of me wants to believe her that all the other eggs in her incubator are fine but I’m struggling to figure out why this one batch would be terrible. Is it possible the rooster just wasn’t as active as normal ?

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpeg
    IMG_1973.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 27
I currently have 100% fertility on the 11 eggs in my incubator but I sold some eggs a few weeks ago and one lady had 85% fertility and the other lady said the fertility was terrible. My previous batches this year have all been between 85-95. Is there a reason why this one batch of a dozen could be so low. It doesn’t make sense to me as weather was similar. Collection was all 10 days and less. Part of me wants to believe her that all the other eggs in her incubator are fine but I’m struggling to figure out why this one batch would be terrible. Is it possible the rooster just wasn’t as active as normal ?
How well do you know who you sold to? Did you ship those eggs?

How well do you know who you sold to? Did you ship those eggs?
I don’t know her at all so that’s why I’m so unsure. No I met her at a gas station when I was travelling. However I dis offer to give her part of her money back and she said she would check them again in a few days and let me know which is why I’m so unsure.

Hard to tell how experienced they are and if they even know what they are looking at. how long have the eggs been incubating.
She said she is experienced but once again I don’t know here. If she put them in the evening she got them from me exactly say 7 today.

Could putting them in after over a 3 hour drive affect them?

She said she is experienced but once again I don’t know here. If she put them in the evening she got them from me exactly say 7 today.

Could putting them in after over a 3 hour drive affect them?
Just depends on how they were handled it could if they were not handled properly.

Just depends on how they were handled it could if they were not handled properly.
Ok thanks so much for your help. I don’t sell a huge amount of eggs so want to keep people happy so if there was a possibility of something wrong on my end it’s important to know but with other rates being good to great it doesn’t make sense.

I don't like selling hatching eggs for those very reasons just became too troublesome. Always getting complaints and you never know if they are inexperienced and even know what they are talking about or if they are handling things correctly on their end. Or just plain trying to scam and get something for nothing. I would wait and see if she gets back with you and ask a few questions to try to figure anything that may be on their end feeling them out and take it from there. Not sure I would offer money back if you're not really sure maybe offer more eggs for pick-up.

I don't like selling hatching eggs for those very reasons just became too troublesome. Always getting complaints and you never know if they are inexperienced and even know what they are talking about or if they are handling things correctly on their end. Or just plain trying to scam and get something for nothing. I would wait and see if she gets back with you and ask a few questions to try to figure anything that may be on their end feeling them out and take it from there. Not sure I would offer money back if you're not really sure maybe offer more eggs for pick-up.
That’s a good suggestion to offer more eggs. I guess we will see if she gets back to me. Hopefully everything is good with the eggs when she checks them. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom