Fertilization Question

This may seem like a strange question, but how long would you need to have a rooster for before you begin to get fertilized eggs?

I am no expert. But I have heard that it only takes a couple days before the eggs are fertile. That is, if the rooster is doing his job.

If the rooster is doing his job fertiled eggs can be instance, hens store the sperm inside them so each egg can be fertiled as they are laid but only if MR. STUD MUFFIN does the job right the first time.lol

Oh yeah,
welcome-byc.gif
ya.gif

hmm that makes sense, thanks! And then i guess it is just a waiting game if you can get a broody hen to sit on them...
Well that would also depend on the chicken, I had. Rhode island that went broody one time and that is it, my other three never gave it a thought. Now my silkies oh man they won't get off the eggs until an actually chick is born, I've had to incubate some eggs for them just to get them to stop a after a month and a half I told them your time is up girls... So they would adopt my incubated eggs. They weren't haven't any luck because I discovered a hen going in there places and destroying the eggs. I tried to move them but they weren't going to have it they would sit in the same spot with or without eggs.. They are so determined and yet so funny...

Well that would also depend on the chicken, I had. Rhode island that went broody one time and that is it, my other three never gave it a thought. Now my silkies oh man they won't get off the eggs until an actually chick is born, I've had to incubate some eggs for them just to get them to stop a after a month and a half I told them your time is up girls... So they would adopt my incubated eggs. They weren't haven't any luck because I discovered a hen going in there places and destroying the eggs. I tried to move them but they weren't going to have it they would sit in the same spot with or without eggs.. They are so determined and yet so funny...

haha. not broody enough and tooo broody!!
I'm going to try and leave their eggs in there a bit longer than normal, usually i collect at least twice a day ( can't resist bring them in when i see them in the net boxes). Maybe it was spark some instinct
hu.gif

I was totally happy with my chickens i have now, but after becoming BYC addict and reading about hatching and chicks, i WANT some!!!

haha. not broody enough and tooo broody!!
I'm going to try and leave their eggs in there a bit longer than normal, usually i collect at least twice a day ( can't resist bring them in when i see them in the net boxes). Maybe it was spark some instinct
hu.gif

I was totally happy with my chickens i have now, but after becoming BYC addict and reading about hatching and chicks, i WANT some!!!

OH boy, the addiction has already started for you, YOUR IN STAGE ONE and you haven't even hatch anything out. Next you will be getting a bator STAGE TWO, then 50 plus eggs from everyone STAGE THREE. watching the bator, night and day, losing all kinds of sleep waiting for that moment STAGE FOUR..... I'm afraid to tell you your already in stage one of the disease you can not fight it off, plus it gets a lot worst.. Like excuses to the husband why you have so many chicks and eggs STAGE FIVE, etc outside building more coops for more chickens STAGE SIX. There's NO HELP ONCE YOU HAVE THE DISEASE. It won't kill you that's the only good news but ITS WITH YOU FOR LIFE.. lol HA HA HAHA

OH boy, the addiction has already started for you, YOUR IN STAGE ONE and you haven't even hatch anything out. Next you will be getting a bator STAGE TWO, then 50 plus eggs from everyone STAGE THREE. watching the bator, night and day, losing all kinds of sleep waiting for that moment STAGE FOUR..... I'm afraid to tell you your already in stage one of the disease you can not fight it off, plus it gets a lot worst.. Like excuses to the husband why you have so many chicks and eggs STAGE FIVE, etc outside building more coops for more chickens STAGE SIX. There's NO HELP ONCE YOU HAVE THE DISEASE. It won't kill you that's the only good news but ITS WITH YOU FOR LIFE.. lol HA HA HAHA

yuckyuck.gif
haha, luckily i dont have a husband to answer to.. I'm already warming my parents up to the idea hahah. They already had to deal with me going through the horse addiction stages (still ongoing/ full on horse addict) . I would have to say though, chickens are equally if not more addicting! I moved mine into there new coop today.. i am also warming them up to the idea of getting some new friends!!
big_smile.png

YIP, you definitely have the disease, it starts off small then it grows and grows inside you. You know they don't have HCA (hatching chickens anonymous) meetings... Oh boy, well I will be keeping an eye on your name, because I know soon you will be up to 1000 posts.. HA HA HA

Back
Top Bottom