Fertilized egg after mating? Am confused about two different theories

Josip

Crowing
Sep 20, 2019
Croatia
So, there are 2 oposite theories one is that after mateing sperm travel 10 days, so only after 10 days after mateing she Will lay fertile eggs and second theories that say that after 30to 48 hours after mateing she Will lay fertile eggs.. so wich one is right one?

After being mated the egg the hen lays that day won't be fertile, but her next one should be, provided she liked the rooster because hens do have the ability to reject the sperm of a rooster she does not think is worthy.

After being mated the egg the hen lays that day won't be fertile, but her next one should be, provided she liked the rooster because hens do have the ability to reject the sperm of a rooster she does not think is worthy.
Thanks i have two roosters and they both mate will all hens so is it possible that hen take sperms from both roosters or she Will always reject sperm from one

Thanks i have two roosters and they both mate will all hens so is it possible that hen take sperms from both roosters or she Will always reject sperm from one

Here's the summary of the study I found:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-...eir own battle,desirable, low-status roosters.

If they are willing to be mated by the roosters, rather than being forced to, they will most likely keep sperm from both. They can store sperm for up to a month after only being mated once.

So, there are 2 oposite theories one is that after mateing sperm travel 10 days, so only after 10 days after mateing she Will lay fertile eggs and second theories that say that after 30to 48 hours after mateing she Will lay fertile eggs.. so wich one is right one?
The first one is wrong, second is right. I've had the next egg laid after mating be fertile, several times before.
X2. 👍

Back
Top Bottom