Fertilized egg?

There is no way I'm aware of other than test hatching.
Wondering how its inaccurate, then? Im no expert when it comes to it, but i have never had a bullseye except from Darling, the only one who has ever mated with a rooster, and laid eggs in the flock.

I have had my other chickens for longer then a year, but when Darling got mated, she suddenly laid a bullseye. How would that work?

Parthenogenesis is possible in certain birds, chickens and turkeys for sure. That's where the eggs can start to develop even without a male being anywhere around. It's not that common and the embryo usually dies before hatch but it is possible one could hatch.

I don't know if parthenogenesis is what is happening with those eggs, but it is possible.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/205...hickens can be increased by genetic selection.

Wondering how its inaccurate, then? Im no expert when it comes to it, but i have never had a bullseye except from Darling, the only one who has ever mated with a rooster, and laid eggs in the flock.

I have had my other chickens for longer then a year, but when Darling got mated, she suddenly laid a bullseye. How would that work?
I'm saying that you can have a flock of 1 year old hens that have never seen a rooster in their life, crack open an egg, and it have a bullseye. That's all I'm saying. So it can't be super accurate if me (who only has one chicken) and Odd (who only has hens), OP (who only posted pics of females) can also get bullseyes. Not sure how to explain it any more simply.

Last edited:
I'm saying that you can have a flock of 1 year old hens that have never seen a rooster in their life, crack open an egg, and it have a bullseye. That's all I'm saying. So it can't be super accurate if me (who only has one chicken) and Odd (who only has hens), OP (who only posted pics of females) can also get bullseyes. Not sure how to explain it any more simply.
Interesting.

Attachments

• 4432B8FD-9C70-430B-B7AD-9D9382256290.jpeg
    4432B8FD-9C70-430B-B7AD-9D9382256290.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom