Fertilizer!

Susieq311

Hatching
May 27, 2020
While I was at work today some lawn company came and cut and fertilized my lawn by mistake. They must have gotten the address wrong but it was too late by the time I got home and I’m freaking out because my chickens free range! The sign says stage III whatever that means. I’m freaking out! What do I do

Following.
On a cool note you got it done for free
Hopefully it’s not harmful to your chickens

Could you call the company and ask what fertilizer they used, and if they put anything else on the lawn?

I'm guessing you have already taken the logical step in locking your chickens in an area that is free of any fertilizer/chemicals? If so, I'd probably just monitor them closely, over the next few days, pay close attention to their behavior and feces, if you notice a bird that is acting off, you may want to perform a toxin flush to rid their body of any of the chemicals, of course, a vet would be best, but if you cant there are a few at-home items that can be used for toxin flushes, such as Epsom salts, molasses, or activated charcoal.

Stage 3, may refer to step 3 which is the third lawn care step of the year, usually applied during summer to give your lawn a lush green look.

Back
Top Bottom