Fertilizing the Grass

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ami, May 28, 2010.

1. ami

ami New Egg

May 25, 2010
    Hi guys - I'm pretty sure it would be unwise to let my girls free range immediately after the grass has been fertilized - but how long will they need to stay in for do you think? I remember reading something about this a while back, but i can't find it now that I need it!![​IMG]
    Does anyone have any experience on this?

2. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    If he fertilizer is not made with any toxic stuff, then they should be fine now. But if youre not sure its probably best to wait a week or two (depending on how much it rains where you are) to be safe.

3. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    I don't know if this will work but there was a recent post with pictures that showed what looked like little burnes to me.
    If it dosn't maybe you can pick it out of the posts by crash0330.

Quote:My first thought was that it could be caused by lawn fertalizer but I didn't post for fear of, well, you know what I mean.
    I have no experience in this at all, but it seams logical that fertalizer could cause this.
    I think if you wait until the fertalizer is completely desolved into the ground it should be alright.

Just my extreemely novice two cents worth. Maybe the bump will get you the answer from someone who knows for sure. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by