Fertle eggs for incubation have porous shells..?

RandomDuck

In the Brooder
5 Years
I just received a dozen free hatching eggs from my neighbor.. Half are from yesterday and half are from today..
Ok, so I was getting them ready for incubation, and then I thought I should candle them first to look for cracks.. So I candled em.
The first egg, had something that looked like a porous shell, and had black tiny flecks all over it!! They don't look REALLY porous, just enough to make me wonder...
Will these eggs be good enough for hatching? Or should I just eat em.?

:confused:

In my flock, I have one or two that just lay eggs with that type of shell. They all eat the same food, they are not medicated, they're all healthy birds. So my theory is, sometimes that's just the makeup of the egg.

I hatch lots of porous eggs. I'd try to handle them less though since they have thinner shells and may be more susceptible to bacteria. Just wash your hands good before candling and try not to handle them too much.

HAY GUYZ.. Good news!! Ii now have one beautiful new chick named Recore!! It hatched around noon today, and I waited a bit before putting it in the brooder.. Yes yes, not 24 hours but I was impatient lol :D anyway, thank you so much for the help,!! You guys are awesome!! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom