Few questions about getting started with chicks

After having a bit of a disaster with purchased eggs...my suggestion would be to start off with day-old chicks either from Craigslist if there is someone in your area or a reputable store (we have one close by that is a nursery/chick breeder and they have classes on how to raise chickens!)
That way you can get started with chickens and then maybe incubate and hatch some down the road.
It IS very fun to incubate and hatch chicks, but there is a lot involved. If you feel ready to be obsessed with something (and you will get obsessed
lol.png
) then by all means go for it! I've had eggs from a local farm I found and from Ebay...good results with both.
Good luck and most of all, have a blast!

Quote:
The only places around here where i live is tsc that can sell chicks and even then they have to be ordered plus you never really know what your getting when you get animals from places like that. So i just decited to get eggs and hatch them, sure it will be a challange but several of my friends and neighbors have already hatched some and offered to help once i get supplise i need and eggs.

Well, it IS fun and since you have some experts around you it should be all good
smile.png

Just don't let your spouse loose with a space heater like I did on my last batch
lol.png

My poor hubby didn't know any better...
My son gave me some good advice: tell everyone in the family the do's and don'ts around the incubator.

Best of LUCK!!!

Back
Top Bottom