Fibro EE??

I think you got sold a boy on purpose. At that age any ā€˜breederā€™ could tell gender.
Well maybe so, but that wouldnā€™t make much sense as she is taking him back and Iā€™m getting another one. I honestly think she had the age of it wrong. Itā€™s not a business for her or anything she just has and breeds a lot of chickens.
Comb IS defined, and his whole saddle area is covered in shiny saddles
what I meant by ā€œdefinedā€ was my EE that ended up being rooster 3/4 all 3 rows of the pea comb were enlarged. Whereas my one pullet only has the one row defined. Iā€™m obviously still learning. I had 7 original chicks. One died then 4 or the remaining 6 were Roos. Iā€™ve gotten them all re-homes except the one Iā€™m keeping and trying to get at least 4 females. The struggle

but that wouldnā€™t make much sense as she is taking him back and Iā€™m getting another one. I honestly think she had the age of it wrong. I
I agree with you. It was probably an honest mistake. The fact that she has a return policy for accidental roosters is a point in her favor.

Now that you know what to look for, I doubt you will need to run the replacement by us first. Most likely she will make sure you get a female the next time around. But I do hope you still show us photos of the female!

I agree with you. It was probably an honest mistake. The fact that she has a return policy for accidental roosters is a point in her favor.

Now that you know what to look for, I doubt you will need to run the replacement by us first. Most likely she will make sure you get a female the next time around. But I do hope you still show us photos of the female!
I decided to play it safe and went with the salmon favorelle. That way we knew it was a pullet. Here is my newest girl Frenchy (replacement) to be BFFs with my other new one I got with the fibro EE Sandy.

Attachments

• 6353B70C-D715-4C40-A6D9-59C0AAA578D7.jpeg
    6353B70C-D715-4C40-A6D9-59C0AAA578D7.jpeg
    649 KB · Views: 5
  • A25C80DA-E365-4D08-8FB3-24B6F0334765.jpeg
    A25C80DA-E365-4D08-8FB3-24B6F0334765.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom