Finally decided to join

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DreamsOfChooks, Oct 28, 2012.

1. DreamsOfChooks

DreamsOfChooks New Egg

Oct 28, 2012
    Hey all,

I finally decided to join BYC after a couple weeks of "guest-surfing" the forums. I don't have any chickens due to my parents, but they're my dream. You seem like a great bunch and I can't wait to get to know you all.

Thanks,
    DreamsofChooks

2. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] dreamsofchooks welcome to the flock from NC. I hope your dream comes true soon. Maybe you can convince them to let you start with one, maybe a silkie with a diaper...I have watched a lot of vids on youtube and pics on here of them being kept like that inside homes. Good Luck

3. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello and welcome to BYC from Kentucky. Maybe you can get your parents more involved by looking through the various forums of BYC!

[​IMG]

4. poultrylubber

poultrylubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC[​IMG] I hope your parents let you get some, they are so much fun to have [​IMG]

5. poultrylubber

poultrylubber Chillin' With My Peeps

I know how you feel My parents wouldn't let me get chickens at first and then after a while they caved and I now have three hens and will be getting more in the spring. Keep at it[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Sooooo.... how come your parents don't want you to have chickens? We are a total bunch of chicken addiction enablers here, we might be able to help! Or at least offer suggestions. I know at my house if a kid asks for chickens I can't get a coop built fast enough! I think it's a great thing for them to be involved in. I agree with Red Barn Farms, encourage your parents to check out BYC too. Just keep at it, sometimes these things take a while, depending on your parents reasons.

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, DreamsOfChooks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Hope you can get your folks convinced to get chickens real soon. Best of luck!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by