finally finished!!! heavy pics..... 4 breeds..4 runs pic heavy!!!!

Was that an existing building you retrofitted and added runs to or did you build that massive building for the chicken coops? LOOKS GREAT!!
If you ever get any free time I know some Rhode Island Reds that would like you to visit and make them a house too!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
hi phoneman..

you guessed right..it was an old building that i retrofitted and built the runs...

as for some of the comments regarding that it looks like a zoo.. is the covered tops of the runs that make you think like that? if so.. i needed to do it with hard wire as there are a lot of wild birds in the region and i dont wind to loose any of my flock to them..

Quote:
hi phoneman..

you guessed right..it was an old building that i retrofitted and built the runs...

as for some of the comments regarding that it looks like a zoo.. is the covered tops of the runs that make you think like that? if so.. i needed to do it with hard wire as there are a lot of wild birds in the region and i dont wind to loose any of my flock to them..

it looks like the dream setup-Hopefully were going to be able to get our dream property before the end of this year and ill be doing something similar with a wood building but if that falls through i at least plan to build my Reds a new 8' x 8' with about a 20x20 or 20x30 run attached...just strictly looking for eggs for the family- your setup does look so perfect it would put some zoo exhibits I've seen to shame!!
thumbsup.gif

this is what i've got right now as a beginner with my Rhode Island Reds I built this spring....

04-04-2010Completionandtransferred.jpg

this pic is rigth after they went out this spring when they were about 5-6 weeks old....my girls love 'em
big_smile.png
but after we were at Tractor Supply the other day they informed me they want
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
now...LOL

Back
Top Bottom