FINALLY!!! First Egg x2!!!

Chick_In_The_Burbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Western Washington
Yes!!!!!! DH came running in with a little green egg this morning! Then when he came home tonight and checked on the there was another one!!!! Two eggs in a day after nothingness! Now the only question is this: Do I now have two hens laying or one over-achiever?

Comparing to an Eggland's Best Large Egg.
61589_two_next_to_store3.jpg

In the pan... It was YUMMY.
big_smile.png

61589_first_egg_in_pan.jpg

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I have 3 EEs, 26 weeks old. I know Sunny laid at least one of these, she's been squatting like crazy for the last two weeks. Every time I went to pick her up or herd them back to their run she'd freeze and squat.
lol.png

My other suspect for egg #2 is Scrambles. She's been squating too just not half as much. Then again, she's more dominant than Sunny...

I need to get some more updated pics of them on here. My uploads look ancient...
roll.png

Quote:
I Have had two squating like crazy for the past two weeks. My Cuckoo Maran and Barred Rock are huge squaters. None of the other 5 have squated at all. This is why I was shocked when I saw that my first egg was green, from my EE, a non squater. Not sure that "squating" is a tell tale sign of laying, as it certainly wasn't in my case....

Congrats! I bet you have 2 laying. Mine started in November and all around the same time. It's nice to have more than one, because you can really compare the greens and blues!
wee.gif

Yep, definantly two laying! Checked this morning: Nada. DH checked when he got back from work: 2. In the nest box. I LOVE that they aren't confused about where the egg goes either.
smile.png
And there is definantly a color difference today; one is a bit darker and more bluish than green and the other is definantly a light mint.

I'm loving it! I even took the first one in to work yesterday to prove to my coworkers that natural green eggs DO exhist. SGT Ledet said she was never coming over for breakfast at my place with the weird green eggs. "I'll stick to the normal white and brown thanks."
roll.png
Oh, well. They all thought I was crazy for getting chickens in the first place. But I'm still getting requests for eggs, funny thing.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom