*finally* first eggs from the blondes! at 8 1/2 months

patandchickens

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I've gotten so used to walking past the "blonde chicken" pen (buff chantecler trio, plus my lone remaining ISA Brown who is laying internally and hasn't produced an egg since August or so), I almost didn't notice when there were 2 eggs in the nestbox there this morning!
tongue.png

I am fairly certain they are from the chantecler pullets - hatched May 1, not laid a *thing* til now, lazy buggers! - since they don't look like Maryanne's eggs and honestly I don't expect her to lay anything again let alone two in one day. (They were both warm). Whereas the chanteclers ("Friendly" and "Ladder", as per my then-3-yr-old) are about DUE, darnit!

Of course now this means I *really really* am getting too many eggs and need to find people on whom to offload them on a regular basis <g>

Just wanted to say Woo Hoo for Friendly and Ladder, since nobody here in real life would understand
tongue.png

Pat

Awesome...and you were just teling me how they haven't started laying yet Isn't that always the way? LOL! Glad they're at least working for you...I would love to buy some eggs from you this spring from the chanteclers...I'm really seriously thinking about trying that breed.
Glad to hear it Pat:>)

Yipee....there is hope for my Chantecler. She is 40 weeks old and shows no signs of laying.

I got just one Chantecler b/c they are winter hearty and wanted to see how they sacked up. Well She is still lady in waiting.

I find hope in your post. I have even taken to calling her dinner, but still no eggs.

Days are getting longer in Montana...lets hope it's soon.

Back
Top Bottom