Finally gave in & joined!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bongobaby, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Bongobaby

Bongobaby New Egg

Aug 30, 2010
    I have had my chickens now about 4 1/2 months. I have 9, 1 banty barred rock roo & 1 hen barred rock. 2 Brahma's, one gold & one black/white. 2 Polish hens, one copper & one buff. One New Hampshire, one Silver laced Wyandotte, & Mile Fleur.

I found your website when I was researching chicken tractors to talk my husband into letting me have chickens. My mom tells me that I have wanted chickens since I was about 5! Finally got them now. We also have two dogs, an Aussie (we want to teach him to herd chickens) & one old Beagle/Golden Ret mix & two tortie cats.

We are working on the self suffient lifestyle. We will be closing on a new house on Wens. I needed a bigger place for my chicks, as we intend to raise a batch of Cornish Crosses next year, & we want to sell eggs too. We want to do the barn all solar & then slowly move that direction with the house too. We garden & want to start a veggie stand eventully but will be doing the round of farmers markets in our area. We have two in our area that stay open year round. My brother intends to move from Ft Dix to help us out, as he is the 'real' farmer in the family.

Bongobaby

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!!

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome to BYC from an imp in Washington

Congrats on getting chickens

Imp

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from AZ! Sounds like a nice flock you have there!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

well, 'bout time you finally joined! [​IMG] Welcome!

7. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] fom ct

8. BC Gal

BC Gal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    [​IMG] from British Columbia, Canada. Lol, same goes here - stumbled upon BYC looking at chicken tractors (found this one and made this one ), as as well looking to expand (check this one out ). Great idea to go self-sufficient; looks like you got a bit of work ahead but will have a wonderful set-up [​IMG]

9. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

You'll be glad ya "gave in" 'cause it's a great place to learn and have fun!
    [​IMG]:frow

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by