finally getting chickees!!!

Hi && Welcome!
wee.gif

Thank you all!

Rachel, I was talking in feet, it would be a little smaller than a 1x1x1 meter with a 1x2.5 meter run

Thank you all again for the warm welcome, this is really an amazing community! So, I already have my very own chicken math story, lol
lol.png

I finally convince DH that I need 2 chickens, only 2 that won't be too bad. Then I tell my kids about getting them and start naming of the names I came up with; Lillith, Aurora, Bunny and Ms. Prissy (unfortunately only Lillith stuck). DH stops and says how many chickens,
hide.gif
I say 4.

Now I get my 4 girlies, and immediately call my parents, who have also wanted chickens. I tell them and then send them pictures and everything. Mom decides she wants 2-3 girls. So she sends me a text today, "I has chickenz!!!! call me." 8, that is the number of chicks they went home with.

I am also working on getting a Lavender Ameraucana here shortly, they are still in egg form at the breeder's.

So my 2 chickens + my moms 2 chickens = 12 almost 13... CHICKEN MATH!!!!

So happy for your new chicks! They sound lovely.

I've never actually done chicken maths... we used to have my father strictly rationing the amount of chicks we got. But I did send to purchase an Araucana breeding pair a couple of weeks ago and ended up with 6 pullets!
Thank you all!

Rachel, I was talking in feet, it would be a little smaller than a 1x1x1 meter with a 1x2.5 meter run

I can think feet if I need to - my mother grew up using the Imperial system and talks in it a lot - but my default is metres! I thought the pen you had made was huge!

Back
Top Bottom