Finally!!! - Got a rabbit! - - - - - (UPDATES DAILY)

BunBun's head looks a bit more like a Mini Lop than a Holland Lop, and his size is more in the range of the Mini (for show purposes, Mini Lops are supposed to weigh between 4 1/2 and 6 1/2 pounds). That said, the Holland Lop employs the dwarfing gene, and without it, you certainly do get animals well over the 4 lb maximum showable weight for the Holland, so I can't totally rule out a false dwarf Holland from a breeder who wasn't particularly focused on showing. It's also possible that BunBun could be a Holland/Mini cross. He has a very pronounced crown, even though he's a bit narrow across the back of the head (the reason his ears don't hang straight down on either side of his face) and appears to have a bit of ear control - which could also be the result of someone not knowing or caring about the breed standard when choosing their breeding animals . A lot of people use the term "Mini Lop" to refer to almost any rabbit with ears that don't go up, but I think BunBun has more of a right than that to be called by that name. Or, you can just call him "cute" and not worry about the breed. :idunno

(BTW, his color is called "Ruby-eyed White" [REW] in the Holland Lop, and simply "White" in the Mini Lop standard. Go figure.):rolleyes:

BunBun's head looks a bit more like a Mini Lop than a Holland Lop, and his size is more in the range of the Mini (for show purposes, Mini Lops are supposed to weigh between 4 1/2 and 6 1/2 pounds). That said, the Holland Lop employs the dwarfing gene, and without it, you certainly do get animals well over the 4 lb maximum showable weight for the Holland, so I can't totally rule out a false dwarf Holland from a breeder who wasn't particularly focused on showing. It's also possible that BunBun could be a Holland/Mini cross. He has a very pronounced crown, even though he's a bit narrow across the back of the head (the reason his ears don't hang straight down on either side of his face) and appears to have a bit of ear control - which could also be the result of someone not knowing or caring about the breed standard when choosing their breeding animals . A lot of people use the term "Mini Lop" to refer to almost any rabbit with ears that don't go up, but I think BunBun has more of a right than that to be called by that name. Or, you can just call him "cute" and not worry about the breed. :idunno

(BTW, his color is called "Ruby-eyed White" [REW] in the Holland Lop, and simply "White" in the Mini Lop standard. Go figure.):rolleyes:

Wow, thanks for the information!

Fast asleep is the sun. :love (He slept there all afternoon.)
DSCN8163.jpg

Hello everyone!

I am very excited to announce: I GOT A BUNNY! :D

He is all white and has cute floppy ears. I love him already! I adopted him about an hour ago from my local pet shelter. His name was Bun Bun, and I really liked that name so I'm going to keep it. He is in a temporary cage right now until I get his big cage. He seems very happy in his new home. I love him a lot!
I am going to be his "momma"! He is a little over a year old. Could anyone tell me what breed he is? :love
View attachment 2049929
View attachment 2049931
He is adorable! We have a Bunbun too - it is a great name for a bunny 🐰 Congratulations!!

Yeah, he loves to throw things too. :D:p:rolleyes: Can I see a picture of your rabbit?
I have 3 adults, and 8 kits right now. Here are some pics.

Harlequin (female) 1.5y - kits born 3/24
Broken Chin (male) 3y - babies' daddy
Black (male) 1y - Today's his birthday!! - I can't find a good pictureof him so this is what I found LOL

20200225_084210.jpg
20200328_223023.jpg
received_779001369160927.jpeg
20190622_200946.jpg

Back
Top Bottom