Finally got eggs.

AK Baha

Songster
6 Years
Jul 10, 2013
Anchorage, Alaska.
I was out of town for 2 weeks so do not know when eggs were laid.Does anybody know if they are still good? I live in Alaska and the temp has been 50 and below. I sure want to try em.

I was out of town for 2 weeks so do not know when eggs were laid.Does anybody know if they are still good? I live in Alaska and the temp has been 50 and below. I sure want to try em.

They should be good if a hen hasn't been sitting on them all that time.

I put them in a glass of water and they all sank. Does that mean they are good? I know I should not have washed them but I did because I figured I would eat them in the morning.

I put them in a glass of water and they all sank. Does that mean they are good? I know I should not have washed them but I did because I figured I would eat them in the morning.

Here you go:

• Fresh eggs will sink to the bottom of the bowl and probably lie on their sides.
  • Slightly older eggs (about one week) will lie on the bottom but bob slightly.
  • If the egg balances on its smallest tip, with the large tip reaching for the top, it's probably close to three weeks old.
  • Eggs that float at the surface are bad and should not be consumed.

Thank you all very much. I am going to have them for breakfast in the morning.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Had my fresh eggs for breakfast this morning was well worth the wait. They were so good,has been a long time since I have had fresh eggs. Am so Happy I can hardly stand it!!

Had my fresh eggs for breakfast this morning was well worth the wait. They were so good,has been a long time since I have had fresh eggs. Am so Happy I can hardly stand it!!

Did you have eggs and shark (in the picture)? :)

How many hens do you have, and how many eggs are you getting?

Did you have eggs and shark (in the picture)? :)

How many hens do you have, and how many eggs are you getting?

We have 6 hens 4 buff,1 silver lace and 1 cinnamon queen. I had 3 eggs yesterday and got 2 so far today. I let the shark go after the pic, I do not eat them. The yellow eye was not as lucky.

Back
Top Bottom