1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally got everything ready

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ladyredleg63, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ladyredleg63

ladyredleg63 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2014
    We finally have our coop done and our chickens home. We started our coop in September and bought our first chickens,our chickens were atthe neighbours in her spare coop. Though a lot of work we finally have our flock at home. We have a pair of buff Orpingtons Fred and Ethel we also bought 7 easter egger chicks. Three of my chicks are roosters and will have to go the only thing that worries me is Ethel was a faithful layer until the end of November and she quit laying. I am hoping come spring she will start laying again. This is a new adventure so stay tuned I am sure I will have lots of questions. :)

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - Ethel will lay once the day length increases.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us! Sourland is right, wait until spring. Enjoy your chickens!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!

5. ladyredleg63

ladyredleg63 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2014
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and the answer to my question. I do enjoy my chickens they are my babies and are spoiled .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by