1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally Got my first Egg today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jenlyn9483, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    You guys wont believe this but I have 2 Americaunas, 2 Barred Rocks, Two White leghorns, 1 black sex link and 1 NH Red..ALL 22 Weeks old TODAY!! I have been wishing and hoping and prayin for eggs for a few weeks now...checkin them egg boxes every day and puttin golf balls in there to entice them..This morning me and my BF were out feedin and watering and I told him that I had dreamed that i found eggs in my nest box last night...(I really did)..Two seconds later he opened the door to the nest boxes and said "There is an egg in here"... I was like shut up! Turns out there REALLY WAS! how freaky is that?? And GUESS WHAT COLOR it was....GREEN!! About the size of a bantam egg...That means my americauna's Beat the production breeds in layin eggs!!! Whoo hooo I love my americaunas!..I'm so excited I FINALLY GOT AN EGG!!

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Welcome to the egg laying group and CONGRADULATION!!!!
    i got mine today to..

3. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Ok so the Chicken that laid the First Egg..Choclatini, The Americauna...Always one of my favorites..Now I know why. This morning went out to feed up and she was in the same nest box hanging out...Left her be for a couple hours..Came out to ck the nest...and Wa-La! Another Egg! So now she has laid me two pretty blue green eggs and all my other production breeds haven't laid jack..She is a KEEPER!! Here is a pick of her and her egg..

BTW her egg is the small "pullet" egg next to an egg from one of my G-pa's 2.5 yr old Americauna Hens for comparison.

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

4. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Isn't it so egg-citing?! See, some dreams do come true!

My babies started laying little teeny eggs last week. My EE is laying brown eggs...I have to confess I'm a little disappointed because I was hoping for green, but I still feel like a proud grandma in a weird way.

Congrats again!

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! whooo hooo!!!! [​IMG]

6. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    It is SOOO exciting! Like christmas every mornign when I go outside!! My Americauna rooster had been "fertilizing" like crazy the past couple weeks...I wonder how long it will be before I can Incubate any eggs..They seem too small now,, Like little banty eggs. I have one other EE pullet, Amaretto, Choclatini's sister, the golden EE. I hope she lays Green or blue eggs too! I CANT believe my 22 week old White Leghorns aren't layin yet..Unbelievable!

7. oldegger

oldegger Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    This first egg thing is pretty cool. Yesterday both of my 4 month old red sexlinks layed there first eggs. This morning when let them out of there coop I found an egg in another location. brown egg had to be either my black sexlink or one of the rir's.
    the first rsl's were fertile the last one wasn't. Haven't seen my rir roo mating other than the 2 red sex links.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by