Finally got my nest box mounted!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by skatcatla, Nov 10, 2007.

1. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    I'm still in serious coop envy of some of you, but for now, this will help at least free up some space inside and give them more privacy. Its funny, I was worried about it being too small and now I'm worried its too big!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the inside:

[​IMG]

I've since put up a piece of wood along the bottom to keep them from kicking the pine shavings out. They checked it out immediately and a couple have already tried it out for size. Now if they'd only lay some eggs!

2. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Thats a nice set up [​IMG] hope you get them eggs

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    That is really neat. You could put some fake eggs in there so maybe they will get the message. I think they will love it.[​IMG]

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    You might be glad it larger because you know a few are going to try to get in it at once like mine do!

5. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Yes I imagine a couple of them will try to cram in there!

6. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    That's a nice nest box design you got there!

Yeah, maybe you should place some fake eggs for them to get the message.

Hope they lay soon! [​IMG]

7. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Nice nesting box, you are sure to get the eggs you are looking for with this set-up. I have to say that when I first hung a nesting box for my girls I thought they would take turns, truth is the jam themselves in there together to lay there eggs.

I use small dog kennel boxes for my nesting boxes, I know they are large but after I thru in a little hay the girls took right to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by