Finally Got Some Muscovies!

Im hoping not, lol. Guess I'll know soon when I end up with two eggs, lol. This is kind of crazy. They are so hard to find around here lately and if these are both hens, omg, LOL. Where on earth would I find a drake.
barnie.gif
Maybe in another ten years one will come around, LOL. Still though, better two hens than two drakes. :-D

Black pied and chocolate pied? I am not color/pattern expert.

Thanks. :-D

They look like hens/ducks to me at that size, what do the voices tell you? The drakes will be nothing but a bucket of hiss lol If you were near me i'd say i have drakes! That is all i ever seem to get
barnie.gif
Finding girls is like a needle in a hay stack.. sorry i suck at 'scovie colours however the one looks like a chocolate.. it's a real milky brown that indicates that. Enjoy!

I actually got my muscovies from Craigslist. Someone was giving away a male and we've wanted one ever since my partner saw one crossing the road nearby (looked it up, realized it was a pet, and we went back to see if we could find it but it was long gone). His name is Pongo, he's black and white and he's HUGE, almost as big as our geese, just not as tall. We inherited the two females that his previous owners had. They are chocolate, from a totally different line and safe to breed with him. He hisses all the time, sometimes like he's panting and sometimes like he's a kettle. The girls make little trilling noises and Lucky, who is broody and has a clutch of eggs, cheeps and squeaks a lot.

Point of this post, if they are both hens, keep your eyes out for a male. They are a blast and by far my favorite ducks. I love all my ducks, but these guys just have so much personality!

i have a extra male i would sell ya. i am 30 mins from mcminnville. in coffee county. 10.00 is what i am asking for him. i have to many males. let me know.

Im hoping not, lol. Guess I'll know soon when I end up with two eggs, lol. This is kind of crazy. They are so hard to find around here lately and if these are both hens, omg, LOL. Where on earth would I find a drake.
barnie.gif
Maybe in another ten years one will come around, LOL. Still though, better two hens than two drakes. :-D

Black pied and chocolate pied? I am not color/pattern expert.

Thanks. :-D
I don't know where Crossville is but I'm in Western NC and will be having more Muscovy ducklings hatching plus I am pretty sure I have a 6 week old drake now..
smile.png

Just saw bigdawgs post so looks like you may have a drake before you know it.
cool.png

Last edited:
Oh my I wish i could do that. My buddy will only travel 25 miles from our house. I can't drive a car because I was too stupid to try and learn how after a minor accident as a kid, LOL. I googled it and thats two hours from my driveway. It was very sweet of you though, thanks!
hugs.gif

NC is totally out of the question. Man, I wish you guys lived here!! LOL

Were all thinking hens. Thats okay, maybe the runner will breed them and I can get fast growing meat birds outta the hatch until i can get a proper daddy.

Back
Top Bottom