FINALLY got some outdoor housing..!

At the very least I would replace the bungees with pipe straps screwed into your plywood. Except... I assume that’s how you put them in and let them out? Undo the bungees and lift?
I would still be wary of raccoons, if you have them in the area.

Also as mentioned, what are your provisions for wind protection? Even if your weather is mild most of the time, having provisions in mind for when you need them is less of a headache than trying to come up with something on the fly. It could be as simple as a tarp, shower curtain, plastic... another sheet of that nice roofing. Lol.

So they free range during the day; assuming that means that you have a perimeter fence? (the wooden one in the background?) That may make a difference in what kind of critters you may have that try their hand... err.. paw/claws.. at getting into this enclosure. :)

very nice job by the way. Not nitpicking, just offering suggestions. :) I’ve been battling skunks the last few weeks and it really gets you looking at things from very different angles. Lol.

At the very least I would replace the bungees with pipe straps screwed into your plywood. Except... I assume that’s how you put them in and let them out? Undo the bungees and lift?
I would still be wary of raccoons, if you have them in the area.

Also as mentioned, what are your provisions for wind protection? Even if your weather is mild most of the time, having provisions in mind for when you need them is less of a headache than trying to come up with something on the fly. It could be as simple as a tarp, shower curtain, plastic... another sheet of that nice roofing. Lol.

So they free range during the day; assuming that means that you have a perimeter fence? (the wooden one in the background?) That may make a difference in what kind of critters you may have that try their hand... err.. paw/claws.. at getting into this enclosure. :)

very nice job by the way. Not nitpicking, just offering suggestions. :) I’ve been battling skunks the last few weeks and it really gets you looking at things from very different angles. Lol.
I don’t know what pipe straps are. The bungees work well. I tied it down and tried to lift. Box didn’t budge.
i have a tarp for wind on the fly, with a little shopping for the cheapest option, I can get something dedicated just to wind protection.
The wooden fence extends and surrounds the entire yard - what I’ve seen is cats that come in and wander around during the day. They mostly leave duckies alone.
Overall I feel a great deal of confidence in these “Motel6 for duckies”. I just need to get duckies comfortable in it.

Back
Top Bottom