finally got the camera working...pics of my flock after 18 weeks!

Quote:
Where are you from originally? New Zealand? (Did I spell that right?) How old is your son? Do you have more than one kid?

Yeppers...im an OLD man...im 34, i have two kids:
-my daughter is 16 and my son is 6
-yep im from New Zealand.

- have 2 kids, a mortgage and a career...my friends tell me all i have left to do now is die.

yep you're just a wee youngun! Enjoy it while it lasts Trisha...for some reason when you get over 30 the old body doesnt want to heal like it used to. Seems like every little ache stays around JUST a little longer than it used to. Not to mention the effects of gravity LOL

I'm not even gonna go there...
I'll be 43 next month feel like a 143 some days...
What kind are the PomPom head ducks? They had some at the fair and I couldn't remember what they were.
The EE that I had was only a pullet, but Tom was a very happy vocal bird. She reminds me alot of Penny, always singing and talking. And she had a nice personality too. Very calm.
I googled and found this:
Araucana & Ameraucana are each a breed; easter eggers are not a breed but do have some Araucana/Ameraucana genetics to make blue/green egg shell colors.
Araucanas- may be tailess(no Coccyx, or tail vertabrae). This can be a prelude to breeding difficulty as there is no tail to move to the side during matin and can put the male off balance. trimming feathers around vent can aid in fertilization as the sperm may heve more chance to enter the cloaca. they can have ear tufts, the gene for tufts is lethal when there are 2 genes, these chicks die in the shell or will be very short lived if they do hatch.
Ameraucana- These do NOT have ear tufts but they do have muff/beards which are beneath the beak,at the throat. They are a standard breed recognized in, I think, 7 color varieties and are supposed to make blue egg shells.
The pea comb is known to be related to the blue shell gene, both breeds have pea combs.
Easter egg chickens are mutts/crossbreeds and can be of any combination of breeds, there egg shells can be green, blue, brown or any color/shade in between.
There nothing wrong with Easter Eggers unless you're looking for show birds. I'd rather have a whole flock of EE's because it would be like you got a Whitman Sampler as a gift...you never know what you'd get.

Hey ya'll wait till you get to be 52 and then you "young whipper snappers" will know what aches and pains feel like. I am out of work till Sept 4th because I pulled my right Thorax muscle in my upper back, but hey they put me on some killer meds. It's true though that you can't do stuff you could do 5 yrs ago, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom