Finally happened....hawk

this weekend we had a hawk land on our covered run and walk around the roof (all metal chicken wire with rafters holding it up) looking for a way in. last night there were a couple of them sitting in the dead tree over the pen waiting for their dinner to come out. guess it's time to keep them in for a while - anyone know when hawk season quiets down? in michigan do the hawks go away for the winter?

wildlife isn't the only problem though. this past summer i gave my favorite young rooster to a friend who, unbeknownst to me, let his chickens out to free range at 6:30am while he went to work. anyway, a pack of 3 dogs from the neighborhood came on the property and killed all 10 chickens.

wow Sandra, that is sad. I often wish I could be cold to my emotions regarding my animals, but these are my family, I do not raise them to be tortured, caged up (although its safer), nor think its fun to watch misshaps to humans(they have common sense) and animals are left in situations their human owners do not think through.
But, atleast while we have them, they were touched with love and respect.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom