Finally Have Pics

smalltowngal

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Inside with ladder and deluxe genuine imitation wood flooring. :)

Entry doors with vents installed on first door.

Chicken door

Delivering shed (Father in law wanted to use both trailer hitches. Yes, I married into this family.)

Moving shed into place

Jacking shed down to ground level

Shed in place at ground level

Chicken run

Chickens in run

Chickens in run

Chickens in coop

Inside coop with bedding

Last edited:
Very nice! What size is that shed? I want to build a 10 x 14 myself. I think you'll need more vents for cross ventilation or a couple of windows. Also, maybe a railing for that ladder!
gig.gif

We have a vent on the back that you can't see in the picture but we do plan on adding a window or two and some more ventilation. We also need to put in nesting boxes. The shed is 8 x 10 which is kind of large considering we only have 4 chickens. The shelf was in the shed when we got it so we thought we would throw up some roosting bars up there and they do use them. There is also a roosting bar in the back corner on the first level which is hard to see. I thought the shelf would be way too high for them but they love it up there.

Wow, an 8x10 for 4 chickens?! Your girls must think they died and went to chicken heaven!
big_smile.png
But not to worry, I have a feeling you'll be getting more chicks - they're very addictive you know!

Last edited:
I did post a thread earlier complaining that my chickens want to spend all the time in the coop instead of the run. I guess my husband is going to try and build a bigger run for us this weekend. Oh, we already have our eyes on a couple easter eggers so hopefully this winter, there will be 7 or 8 chickens in my 8 x 10 ft. coop.

I'm jealous! We're in the process of building an 8X10, and it would be so much easier to have just had one delivered! Lucky you. I've got 10 young hens in various stages of rapid growth, crowded into two small tractors at the moment, and your girls have lots of space to run and play. Way to go! I especially like the ladder all the way up into that loft!

Back
Top Bottom