Finally heard that "noisy chicken"!

Moselle

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
My pullets (now 21wks) have always been pretty quiet, and I've been waiting for them to get noisy around laying time. My one pullet who has been laying is just as quiet as you please. But this morning - ha! We could hear from inside the house what sounded like a mad goose stuck in the coop. Sure enough, one of the other chickens had layed their first egg. We don't know who it was yet, but it sure was funny!
lol.png

lau.gif
Mine can be crazy some mornings. The best is when one hen calls from the nest and the rooster on the other side of the yard answers. They'll do this back and forth for a good 2-3 minutes.

I too love this sound. I imagine them to be saying, "Look, she laid an egg, or Look, I laid an egg!" Some morning around here can be pretty noisy. It makes me chuckle!

hmmmmmm, the wonderful sounds of being on a "farm"....I just love it!
clap.gif

OHH YOU guys make me jealous
sad.png
I want those chicken noises! AND crows! Right now all I hear are peeps yet! LOL ALthough on a brighter note my Serama rooster crowed today! For the first time...Loud and not so clear!
lau.gif

it does sound like a goose gone nuts! mine do it after they get off the nests as if to say, "HELLO, i laid an egg in here!" hilarious. our speckled sussex will go on and on for a half hour. ha-hooonk ha-hooonkaaah.

my husband was out in our pole barn just laughing away. he started laughing and she started honking again. back and forth. nutty family!

Back
Top Bottom