Finally joined the site

GypsyMomma

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 6, 2014
Hello, I have been reading all kinds of articles on BYC and lots of forum threads as I got ready to start my flock.
Im excited to say that today after I picked up the kiddos at school we stopped by our local feed and animal store/barn and we picked out 6 lovely ladies to bring home.
I thought it was time I made an account and joined in the conversation
smile.png

Welcome and make yourself at home. Everyone is so helpful, friendly and very knowledgable. So tell us a little about your flock and we all LOVE to see pictures of the fluffy butts.

We have 2 Buff Orpington's
2 Ameraucana's
1 Rhode Island Red
1 Golden Lace Wyandotte

I really wanted a Barred Plymouth Rock or two but they didnt have any available

the Ameraucanas

All of the girls

and my Husky trying to figure out what the heck I brought home now

The chicks are adorable and I'm already in love with them. I hope I'm ready to handle them

Please secure your brooder with a wire cover. Before you know it they will be flying to the top. Please be very careful with your Husky, dogs + chicks usually = dead chicks. Dogs think of them as squeaky toys and as soon as one stops squeaking (dead!!) they grab another. Fun for the dog NOT fun for the chicken.

Please secure your brooder with a wire cover. Before you know it they will be flying to the top. Please be very careful with your Husky, dogs + chicks usually = dead chicks. Dogs think of them as squeaky toys and as soon as one stops squeaking (dead!!) they grab another. Fun for the dog NOT fun for the chicken.
no worries, there is a lid, I just took it off for the picture
I have two dogs and 3 cats all of which have stopped by to inspect the brooder. I really want to train the dogs to be good with the chickens. When I was a kid i remember my dad bringing home a chicken and a rooster and he had them getting along in no time. I remember the rooster sitting on the dogs head when the dog was laying in the yard.
I will be extremely vigilant, I know what my dogs are capable of.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your chicks are really cute. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom