Finally Joining..

Aug 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone! I’ve been coming on here reading posts for the past handful of weeks as I watched my flock grow into what it is today. So I’m really excited to finally become a member and join the BYC family!! I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning a lot of new information about our feather children! :ya

On that note, let me tell you a bit about my current flock and how I acquired them.. I had been on kijiji looking around when I found 7 chicks in an ad that were labeled as Ameraucanas. Knowing about the blue eggs, I sent the person a message and brought them all home to live in my basement as soon as possible.
4641DBAC-FE15-4F2E-8893-CE3BD93292A9.jpeg

Before I knew it, they grew up and I had 7 big kids that needed to move out of my basement and into the coop! It wasn’t completely finished but it was secure, warm, and had enough space for all of them (even after sectioning part of it off).
B8F7F695-2B6A-4133-977E-D6AE11F5E63F.jpeg

The 7 have grown up nicely and I only ended up with 3 cockerels; Peter, Pat, and Artie. Pat has since gone with a coworker of mine to live a happy life along side a lot of hens and an elderly roo who is past his prime. Not all have names but we currently have from left to right, the “boss” pullet, CB (named for her severe crooked beak), Artie, Peter, the young pullet, Pat, and the final pullet.
21F4444D-F1BF-470B-BBF5-5D7FA5609497.jpeg

It was near the end of July when I was on kijiji again and I stumbled across another ad. This time there were some chickens, both hens and roos/pullets and cockerels, for sale and some were around the same age as my current flock. I was able to get (2) 12 week olds and I also got (5) 8-10 week olds. There were 3 frizzles in the 8-10 week olds and I was very excited to bring them home. These photos are from when they were first introduced, they all free range now in their separate flocks and come together to roost at night in the coop. Out of the two older the black/brown pullet is named Blue, the white pullet is still pending a name. From left to right out of the 5 younger ones we have Echo, Pip, Alteria (Terry), Ori, and another nameless pullet.
C0ADBCF9-15B8-4E19-9B19-6EE8F84CD241.jpeg

D3B9A9AC-CEE0-4DAA-975B-77F423E2CB9A.jpeg

I’m unsure on the breed(s) these guys are but that’s one of the reason why I’m here! I can’t wait to see what everyone suggests for breeds for these 7, they have quite the look to them.

Other than chickens I have 2 horses Chance and Licorice, a dog Sophia, a cat Mina, and a bearded dragon Tostito (yes like the chip). I can’t wait to see everyone’s posts and get to know you all :celebrate

Edit to correct terms

Last edited:
FARMER-CONNIE-GREAT-INTRO-F.gif
Hi everyone! I’ve been coming on here reading posts for the past handful of weeks as I watched my flock grow into what it is today. So I’m really excited to finally become a member and join the BYC family!! I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning a lot of new information about our feather children! :ya

On that note, let me tell you a bit about my current flock and how I acquired them.. I had been on kijiji looking around when I found 7 chicks in an ad that were labeled as Ameraucanas. Knowing about the blue eggs, I sent the person a message and brought them all home to live in my basement as soon as possible.
View attachment 1872757

Before I knew it, they grew up and I had 7 big kids that needed to move out of my basement and into the coop! It wasn’t completely finished but it was secure, warm, and had enough space for all of them (even after sectioning part of it off).
View attachment 1872798

The 7 have grown up nicely and I only ended up with 3 roos; Peter, Pat, and Artie. Pat has since gone with a coworker of mine to live a happy life along side a lot of hens and an elderly roo who is past his prime. Not all have names but we currently have from left to right, the “boss” hen, CB (named for her severe crooked beak), Artie, Peter, the young hen, Pat, and the final hen.
View attachment 1872813

It was near the end of July when I was on kijiji again and I stumbled across another ad. This time there were some chickens, both hens and roos, for sale and some were around the same age as my current flock. I was able to get (2) 12 week olds and I also got (5) 8-10 week olds. There were 3 frizzles in the 8-10 week olds and I was very excited to bring them home. These photos are from when they were first introduced, they all free range now in their separate flocks and come together to roost at night in the coop. Out of the two older the black/brown hen is named Blue, the white hen is still pending a name. From left to right out of the 5 younger ones we have Echo, Pip, Alteria (Terry), Ori, and another nameless hen.
View attachment 1872835
View attachment 1872838

I’m unsure on the breed(s) these guys are but that’s one of the reason why I’m here! I can’t wait to see what everyone suggests for breeds for these 7, they have quite the look to them.

Other than chickens I have 2 horse Chance and Licorice, a dog Sophia, a cat Mina, and a bearded dragon Tostito (yes like the chip). I can’t wait to see everyone’s posts and get to know you all :celebrate
balloons.gif big-grey-welcome-farmer-con.gif balloons.gif

Back
Top Bottom