Finally my chicks (pics-link)

We have some small fence wire to wrap around the pool to form a wall for them. The Black and White ones I believe are black Austrolorps... The grey one is my personal favorite...She (I hope) is my baby
smile.png

Thank you!

Quote:
My pool brooder is smaller than yours, so by day three they were jumping out! I covered the whole thing with bird netting, held on with clothes pins, but the little jail breakers still manage to get out. They jump up and push with their head until they dislodge a clothes pin and escape.

On Friday night, I finally put a clothes pin about every four inches, and thought that would work. Sunday morning I fed and watered them and thought I had the netting tight and secure. I went to take a shower and dress for church and when I went to leave I heard some distress chirping. 12 of the 21 had managed to escape! Here I was in dress trying to round up 12 little escapees in heels on shiny hardwood floors. I was about ready to have chicken nuggets for lunch.

My chicks will be two weeks old tomorrow and I have made them a tractor and out they go in another couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom