Finally... New Chick Integration

ThatTeowonna

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
Columbia, SC
Exactly 17 days ago, I made this post: It’s hard Watching new chicks get jumped by the mean girl Gang: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-get-jumped-into-the-mean-girl-gang.1428099/

What I witnessed today just warmed my heart. I threw some scratch grains out and all my chickens had their share without fussing and scurrying each other away. It took a few weeks, but it is finally coming together... everyone is getting along much better. So I want to encourage chicken owners, especially newbies, just trust the process and let your chicks work it out.

Video of Chicks Finally Getting Along

Attachments

• ABC0BF39-63E0-4ECD-8A02-33D74009C227.jpeg
    ABC0BF39-63E0-4ECD-8A02-33D74009C227.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 447C6806-D15F-4AA6-833E-6A36B8D31228.jpeg
    447C6806-D15F-4AA6-833E-6A36B8D31228.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Chcknjnky

Chirping
May 1, 2019
Sacramento CA
Exactly 17 days ago, I made this post: It’s hard Watching new chicks get jumped by the mean girl Gang: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-get-jumped-into-the-mean-girl-gang.1428099/

What I witnessed today just warmed my heart. I threw some scratch grains out and all my chickens had their share without fussing and scurrying each other away. It took a few weeks, but it is finally coming together... everyone is getting along much better. So I want to encourage chicken owners, especially newbies, just trust the process and let your chicks work it out.

Video of Chicks Finally Getting Along

Thank you for the encouragement. I have a couple of new "show quality "(hopefully) birds that I'm trying to integrate. Out of my 3 existing birds only the barred rock terrorizes them. She goes out of her way to chase them back into their coop. I have had to close their side of the coop a few times a day just so they can eat and drink. I'm so ready to give up but reading your post gives me a bit of hope. I know it's only been a week since I've removed the barrier between them but I'm new at this and was losing hope and patience! Thank you!

ThatTeowonna

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
Columbia, SC
Thank you for the encouragement. I have a couple of new "show quality "(hopefully) birds that I'm trying to integrate. Out of my 3 existing birds only the barred rock terrorizes them. She goes out of her way to chase them back into their coop. I have had to close their side of the coop a few times a day just so they can eat and drink. I'm so ready to give up but reading your post gives me a bit of hope. I know it's only been a week since I've removed the barrier between them but I'm new at this and was losing hope and patience! Thank you!
Stay encouraged. It does work out but it takes a while. You just have to let them figure it out.

Top Bottom