Finally... New Chick Integration

ThatTeowonna

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
Columbia, SC
Exactly 17 days ago, I made this post: It’s hard Watching new chicks get jumped by the mean girl Gang: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-get-jumped-into-the-mean-girl-gang.1428099/

What I witnessed today just warmed my heart. I threw some scratch grains out and all my chickens had their share without fussing and scurrying each other away. It took a few weeks, but it is finally coming together... everyone is getting along much better. So I want to encourage chicken owners, especially newbies, just trust the process and let your chicks work it out.

Video of Chicks Finally Getting Along

Attachments

• ABC0BF39-63E0-4ECD-8A02-33D74009C227.jpeg
    ABC0BF39-63E0-4ECD-8A02-33D74009C227.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 447C6806-D15F-4AA6-833E-6A36B8D31228.jpeg
    447C6806-D15F-4AA6-833E-6A36B8D31228.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Exactly 17 days ago, I made this post: It’s hard Watching new chicks get jumped by the mean girl Gang: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-get-jumped-into-the-mean-girl-gang.1428099/

What I witnessed today just warmed my heart. I threw some scratch grains out and all my chickens had their share without fussing and scurrying each other away. It took a few weeks, but it is finally coming together... everyone is getting along much better. So I want to encourage chicken owners, especially newbies, just trust the process and let your chicks work it out.

Video of Chicks Finally Getting Along

Thank you for the encouragement. I have a couple of new "show quality "(hopefully) birds that I'm trying to integrate. Out of my 3 existing birds only the barred rock terrorizes them. She goes out of her way to chase them back into their coop. I have had to close their side of the coop a few times a day just so they can eat and drink. I'm so ready to give up but reading your post gives me a bit of hope. I know it's only been a week since I've removed the barrier between them but I'm new at this and was losing hope and patience! Thank you!

Thank you for the encouragement. I have a couple of new "show quality "(hopefully) birds that I'm trying to integrate. Out of my 3 existing birds only the barred rock terrorizes them. She goes out of her way to chase them back into their coop. I have had to close their side of the coop a few times a day just so they can eat and drink. I'm so ready to give up but reading your post gives me a bit of hope. I know it's only been a week since I've removed the barrier between them but I'm new at this and was losing hope and patience! Thank you!
Stay encouraged. It does work out but it takes a while. You just have to let them figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom