Finally ordered my incubator!!

MissMonty

Songster
5 Years
Sep 12, 2015
Dayton, OH
Finally placed the order today for the Nurture Rite 360 incubator so excited to get started! It'll be here on Tuesday!

Now the question is do I just jump in and order some Ayem Cemani eggs to start with (that was the whole purpose of the incubator was to hatch them) or should I start hatching something less expensive first. Decisions decisions.

I should say, I have NEVER hatched out eggs before.

So exciting, congrats!
I'd honestly recommend hatching a couple less expensive eggs (or some of your own if they're fertile) first just so you can get a feel for how your new incubator runs and what happens during incubation, since it'll be your first hatch. If you're planning on getting shipped eggs that can sometimes add to the difficulty. But I also understand if you're impatient, cause I would be too :)

So exciting, congrats!
I'd honestly recommend hatching a couple less expensive eggs (or some of your own if they're fertile) first just so you can get a feel for how your new incubator runs and what happens during incubation, since it'll be your first hatch. If you're planning on getting shipped eggs that can sometimes add to the difficulty. But I also understand if you're impatient, cause I would be too :)

I don't have a rooster so unfortunately I don't have any already on my farm that are fertile. I have sent a couple messages out to friends to see if anyone has any fertile eggs of any kind I can buy to test it out. If I have to order eggs I may just go for it with the Ayem Cemanis.

Hatch a few cheap eggs first. Learn your incubator so you don't have the pressure of learning because 400$ worth of eggs is suddenly at risk

Yeah that would be a bummer to lose a whole incubator worth. My husband may smother me if I do that LOL

Order a humidity gauge to salt test and a thermometer to calibrate.

Learn your bator before you even shop for eggs.

That has been already been ordered. :)

Unfortunately I don't have a rooster on our farm currently so for now I have some messages out to local friends to see if I can get some eggs from them if not I'll have to shop to find some

Great news! A local friend of mine has some eggs! Sounds like they're going to be easter egger mixes but that'll be perfectly fine for our purposes!! :)

Incubator will be here Tuesday and I'm going to try to pick them up Weds if I can get the incubator set up and ready in time.

I wouldn't bother hatching cheap 1st eggs. When you get the incubator, open the box, wipe down the incubator, plug it in. Read the manual and instructions. Start doing a test run to make sure the temperature is accurate, keep it running for a couple of days, then use your hygrometer inside the incubator to see if it needs adjustments. Once that's done go get the egg you want to hatch.

I wouldn't bother hatching cheap 1st eggs. When you get the incubator, open the box, wipe down the incubator, plug it in. Read the manual and instructions. Start doing a test run to make sure the temperature is accurate, keep it running for a couple of days, then use your hygrometer inside the incubator to see if it needs adjustments. Once that's done go get the egg you want to hatch.

HAHA well I ended up finding someone with a couple Ayam Cemani eggs so I'm going to get those a few days after the incubator gets here. I'm just going to sneak them in with the eggs I'm getting from my friend and my husband doesn't have to know LOL!

Back
Top Bottom