1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally signed up!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DelcoChix, Nov 12, 2009.

1. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I have to confess that I've been 'standing outside and looking through the window' for a few months now....really enjoy this site and found a lot of great info and friendly folks. My daughter and I did a lot of research early this spring--she wanted to try a chicken project for 4-H and I just wanted chickens! Now we have a little flock of 14 hens (and one Silkie rooster who needs a new home!)in our backyard that we picked out from the hatchery catalog and brought them home on the day they were hatched. Pretty amazing time, so fun to watch them grow up so quickly. They are now laying about 5-6 beautiful eggs a day, sort of like a treasure hunt each afternoon, always excited to see how many and what colors we'll find. We have a great variety, including a White crested Black Polish, a white Sultan, two easter-eggers, Rhode Island Reds, Golden Comets, Buff Orps, two lovely Buckeyes, a Wyandotte and of course, the only straight run chick who ended up being a roo...our partridge Silkie. Anyways, I've spent a lot of time just reading various forum topics and even more time perusing through the 'for sale' and 'wanted to buy,' section, now the auction page...once the Silkie finds a new home my daughter would love to have either a cochin of some sort and/or another Silkie, but a pullet this time! I'd also like either a Welsumer and/or a Cuckoo Maran pullet...I think we're hooked! So, after many months of watching I finally jumped in!
    Dawn in Central Ohio

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Glad you joined

Imp

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    [​IMG]

6. PaintedGemsRanch

PaintedGemsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia
    [​IMG] from all us "enablers!" haha

7. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    I like the RIR's. [​IMG]

8. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Thanks so much for your quick welcomes! Couldn't wait to check back in this morning. Looking forward to attending the Natl. Show tomorrow in Columbus for the first time...not quite sure what to expect but from everything I've read it looks like a great show to visit.
    "Brick 243" I too enjoy the Rhodies--ours are almost identical to our Buckeyes except for the comb, and they are pretty friendly. Love the deep red feathers.
    "Painted Gems Ranch" Thanks for enabling me!
    Pretty cool to see folks from all over the country, and world, who share a common interest...

9. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] from UT! Glad you quit lurking and joined us!

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by