FINALLY they are out of the basement!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Cheryl, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

First day in the new home, spend about an hour cleaning dust and wood shaves out of the basement! I've got the flat panel heater off and a heat light on...too warm, so will pull the plug and see what the flat panel does with their body head and the on at 35, off at 45 thermo plug!
    [​IMG]
    the coop still needs trim work and an outside pen, but at least they are out of the house!
    [​IMG]

2. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    I wish I had like a cellar to keep my chickens in and let them out during the day

3. Cheryl

When they were babies I took them in and out of the basement...now they will be outside in their new home! Until of course the next batch arrives, heh heh!

4. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    They are big....no wonder you wanted them out of the basement! Pretty too, so is you coop. Glad you have the heat issue pretty cleared up now.

5. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice, Cheryl. It's a perfect size for your hens... and it looks just the right height for cleaning without ruining your back.

6. Lilychick

Lilychick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2007
    MA
    That's awesome. I got mine out of the basement two weeks ago. They have been fine! And so have I.

Your birds look a lot like mine.

-Lily

7. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I always seem to have a chicken or two. Either an injured hen, a broody hen, or chicks in the broodyer. It's nice though because no worries about smell in the house. It is really wierd when I don't have any in the basement.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Really nice Cheryl,,,,I did the cellar thing a few times when I got chicks in very early spring when it was even to cold in the garage with a heat lamp. Ohhhh was it a mess to clean up so you must be thrilled to have them in their new coop. Snow looks nice ion the background and you are getting more tonight. It looks like we might just be getting rain but NH is snow!

9. Cheryl

Yes, we are again getting snow, it started out as freezing rain, and that outside picture was taken a bit over a week ago, we actually have about 1 1/2 feet left on the ground right now.

10. Cheryl

Had them out for several hours, still grass under the coop, snow all around, wouldn't step foot in it! Today we have another 6"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by